Each For Equal – International Women's Day 2020
Every year International Women’s Day has a theme and for 2020 it’s to share how you are Each For Equal. Why? Because an equal world is an enabled world.
The IWD 2020 campaign theme is drawn from a notion of ‘Collective Individualism.' Because we are all parts of a whole. Our individual actions, conversations, behaviors and mindsets can have an impact on our larger society.
One of the questions IWD asks is, “how will you help forge a gender equal world?”
Here on the podcast, we honour are doing our damndest to forge a gender equal world by celebrating women's achievements, growth and empowering women to design a life and business they love.
I think you’re really going to love this week’s episode, so let’s get into it!
>> [0:24] I’ve actually got a few butterflies fluttering around in my stomach right now because this is a bit of a different episode that you’re getting today, and I believe you’re really going to love it! I’ve asked 6 women to join me on the podcast today in honour of International Women’s Day (which was yesterday).
>> [1:04] Every year International Women’s Day has a theme and for 2020 it’s to share how you are Each For Equal. Why? Because an equal world is an enabled world. The IWD 2020 campaign theme is drawn from a notion of ‘Collective Individualism.' Because we are all parts of a whole. Our individual actions, conversations, behaviors and mindsets can have an impact on our larger society.
>> [2:03] One of the questions IWD asks is how will you help forge a gender equal world?
>> [2:23] Here on the podcast, we honour are doing our damndest to forge a gender equal world by celebrating women's achievements, growth and empowering women to design a life and business they love.
>> [3:03] Up first we have Angela Sanchez from Beauty Business Co. Beauty Business Co. provides beauty industry professionals tools and resources that help them save time and overwhelm in their beauty businesses so that they can become a thriving successful #BeautyBoss.
How is Angela Each For Equal?
- Since having her own salon, Angela inspire and empowers other beauty bosses to achieve anything they set their mind to.
- In today’s society, the movement for women to feel confident in speaking their truth is so powerful.
>> [4:59] Up next we have Jasmine from For Mae Collective. Jasmine Wong is a Mum to 3 and the co-founder of For Mae Collective, a breastfeeding friendly clothing label passionate in providing everyday Mums something beautiful to wear. Most days you can find her juggling mum life, running the business with her sister-in-law, Deirdre and also sewing for her kids.
How is Jasmine Each For Equal?
- Jasmine teaches her children that it’s not what they look like, but what value they can bring to every conversation.
- This mentality is the same thing Jasmine brings to her business because she tends to view individuals not based on their gender but what they can do.
>> [6:47] Give a huge welcome to, Rebecca Winston who is up next. Rebecca Winston helps Thermomix users feed their families at the4blades.com She is also a registered Osteopath working from her home clinic in Brisbane, loves developing systems and is Mum to two little ladies.
How is Rebecca Each For Equal?
- There is no one in the world just like Rebecca, just like there is no one in the world just like you. In this world where comparison can be SO present.
- It is so powerful to show up unapologetically as ourselves because there is a place at the table for us, just as we are. You showing up as your amazing self drives other women to do the same.
>> [8:35] Next we have Robyn Miller. Robyn is a mother, wife, medical doctor and accidental Mental Load expert. Upon returning to work after maternity leave, Robyn, like many women, experienced the struggles of the “mental load”.
Robyn realised that to continue to succeed in her professional career, and be a happy wife and mother, she and her partner needed to learn to truly share all this invisible labour.
When she couldn't find the any solutions or strategies from googling, books or from asking friends and colleagues, Robyn drew upon her own diverse skills and experience to develop a unique formula to achieve mental load equality. Robyn’s formula worked so well that she realised this strategy had the potential to help thousands more women and their families.
Robyn then founded The Mental Load Project, an online course and community, educating and empowering women in long-term relationships to truly and sustainably share the mental load with their partners.
How is Robyn Each For Equal?
- Gender equality is not a women’s or men’s issue. It’s a global community issue.
- The majority of the mental load and labor falls onto women and mother’s. This inequality effects everyone in the family.
- This mental load stops women from being able to show up to their full potential and it shows children that
- True equality needs to start at home for our children to carry into the future generations.
>> [11:26] Up next we have Suzi Dafnis. Suzi Dafnis is the CEO at HerBusiness, the most collaborative and supportive community for women growing and scaling a business. For over 20 years she’s helped women develop the skills and the network to go from being a solopreneur to growing a sustainable business.
An award-winning entrepreneur, Suzi is passionate about creating communities and learning environments that allow women to reach their full potential in business.
How is Suzi Each For Equal?
- Our individual actions can have an impact on so many facets of life. Suzi believes that you stand a chance in business when you surround yourself around like-minded women.
- Suzi believes #EachForEqual shows up in her life through three ways: in how we show up and step into our true potential, it’s how we speak up instead of figuring it out on our, and finally it’s about how we lift up by extending support to other women to make a difference to them.
>> [12:53] Finally, we have Teresa Tripiodi. Teresa is the boss lady behind Sherbet Creations. She helps women grow their business with thoughtful gifting strategy. Teresa also designs and creates beautiful gifts for all areas of business, be it for events, to show gratitude, birthday or biz anniversaries – the opportunities are endless! In addition, Teresa supports Australian women led businesses and she is passionate about making your brand apart of your gifts.
How is Teresa Each For Equal?
- Teresa has always had a mindset that men and women are equal and that we’re all just people.
- She teaches her children that they can do and be anything.
- Teresa embodies #EachForEqual by being a wife, mum and bosslady in every and any environment.
- 99% of the products you see in her products, she uses from other women in business.
>> [15:04] It wouldn’t be a Mums With Hustle Podcast episode if I didn’t share how we are Each For Equal. And this pulls at my heartstrings because it’s the whole purpose of Mums With Hustle. And that is to be brave enough to share my own knowledge so that it inspires other people to claim their own space, show up in this world and to share their talents with others.
>> [15:56] I really feel that this starts at home and within ourselves. What are we telling ourselves that we are worthy of? What are the limiting beliefs that we say we have versus the values that we choose to live by?
>> [16:45] I’m truly passionate about helping women advance and helping them understand that they have a voice and that they can have goals that they can chase. Business can be an amazing vehicle for women to tap into or reclaim her economic power in a relationship, in the home, in society, and in the world and that has a ripple effect.
>> [18:06] I had a conversation with someone and she didn’t want to share that she was pregnant on social media because she didn’t want to seem like she’d wasn’t as able as someone who wasn’t pregnant.
>> [19:27] Thank you so much for being here with me today. Now, let’s get you taking some action! I would love for you to share how you embody each for equal. Jump into your IG Stories and share what you do to forge a gender equal world. Use the hashtag #EachForEqual and tag me @mumswithhustle in your Stories clip so I can come over and check you out!
CONNECT WITH ME:
LOVE THE MUMS WITH HUSTLE PODCAST?
Okay, mama! I'm going to give it to you straight, 'cause you know that's what I'm about. Podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive the more likely iTunes will reward us with better reach.
I want to reach more hustling mamas that can add extreme value to our kick-ass tribe. Help a sister, out? I already love you forever, but I’d be extremely grateful if you would review me on iTunes!
If you've loved this podcast, never miss another one! All you have to do is SUBSCRIBE to the Mums With Hustle Podcast on iTunes.
As the founder and CEO of Mums With Hustle, I have the best day job in the world: teaching entrepreneurs how to grow their beautiful businesses online. When I started the business, that was everything I wanted, but since then, it has grown into something much bigger. Now, I get my joy from helping women find their zones of genius within a community that truly celebrates their success. I truly believe that when women choose to band together, we can do anything - and if you feel the same, there’s a place in the MWH community for you.
you might also like
FREE Reels Guide For Business Owners
Grow your following, boost your reach and grow your business with INSTAGRAM REELS.
Swipe 10 of the most effective Instagram Reels content ideas for business owners right now - including secret strategies my members and I have used to skyrocket our engagement (I'm talking over 40K views on a single REEL within 24hrs)!